About the cottage
Sykes rating 4 – Sleeps 6
3 Bedrooms – Pets welcome
About the location
Kirkcudbright 5 miles; Dumfries 32 miles.
The quaint hamlet of Borgue has a pub and is situated five miles south west of Kirkcudbright. The historic and picturesque town of Kirkcudbright sits on the banks of the tidal waters of the River Dee, on the north Solway shore. Established as a Royal Burgh in 1455, giving it status to trade with ports outside Scotland, Kirkcudbright has always been supported by a busy fishing trade. Behind this working harbour, its wide streets and pastel coloured houses, a mix of Georgian villas and Victorian townhouses, make for a very attractive town centre, complete with the ruined McLellan’s Castle. Also worth a visit is the interesting Stewartry Museum, housing a collection of assorted items representing the life and times on the Solway coast. Kirkcudbright is also known as the artists’ town, established by Edward Hornel in the late nineteenth century and still the case today, with a fine collection of art galleries, crafts, cafés and antique shops. The area offers a quiet and relaxing atmosphere with attractive coastal landscapes and plenty to offer the whole family.
Larchbank Cottage is a beautiful place to stay for holiday makers, retreat seekers and spiritual wonderers, set in the breath-taking and characterful landscape of Dumfries and Galloway and is within easy reach of sandy beaches, rich farmland, heather hills, lochs and forests which is ideal for walkers, cyclists or just relaxing.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair and stairgate available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Built over 150 years ago, this beautiful 3 bedroom stone built cottage has been recently tastefully renovated and decorated to a very high standard. To the rear of the property there is a mature sloping garden with seating areas at cottage level and at the top of the garden with views out to the hills.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Cosy sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Sloping lawned garden with decked area and furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: The bike storage building is out of bounds to children.
Booking your holiday
Currently we are taking bookings via www.sykescottages.co.uk